We love repurposing old jewelry at L Priori Jewelry! Natural diamonds are costly and becoming increasingly difficult to source, so why not repurpose some of grandma’s old pretties into your own custom engagement ring, wedding band or even an everyday piece? Heirloom redesign projects are becoming a more popular service for us every year, and we couldn’t be more thrilled about it!
We begin by setting you up with one of our sales representatives whose expertise in redesign will surely guide you in the right direction. Our jewelers can safely remove stones from your old heirlooms and return the ring back to you while we use the stone to create your new ring!
Using heirloom diamonds are becoming so popular for a number of reasons. One that is most important to us here at L Priori is the sustainability factor. While you can rest assured that we always put forth our best effort to obtain responsibly sourced gemstones, there is nothing more sustainable than using a diamond you already have collecting dust in your jewelry box.
Let’s dig into the process:
- Step one is to set up your initial appointment. Heirloom redesign projects that we have worked on in the past have ranged from using a family stone to create a one of a kind engagement ring, resetting your current engagement ring for an anniversary, taking smaller heirloom stones to design an engagement ring, or just refreshing everyday pieces. The options are endless but the process begins with meeting with one of our experts. Be sure to bring the stones with you, so that our design consultants know what they’re working with.
- During the first appointment your sales consultant will analyze your stones and go over design options with you. Once you settle on design, we just ask that you deposit 50% to get the process going. You can leave your stones with us that day, or take some time to think about design sometimes it takes several renderings and conversations before landing on the perfect piece.
- Next, you’ll have the option to see a wax model of the piece before we set your project into production. The wax model will give you a very good idea of what the finished product will look like. If you’re really sure about design- you can skip this step!
- Once you see your wax review and give the OK, production begins. Typically the process takes about six weeks to complete from start to finish. Once your project is complete we will notify you right away.
- The last step is to pick up and wear your pretty jewels! Your balance is due upon pickup.
We know grandma’s old diamonds hold too much sentimental value for you to part with, which is why they would make such a fantastic component to your own engagement ring. Let’s upcycle that old ring to create something new and fresh and make it your own. If you’re ready to get started on your heirloom redesign project email email@example.com We can’t wait to breathe new life into your old jewels!
L. Priori Jewelry is a private jeweler in Philadelphia specializing in custom engagement rings, antique and eco-friendly engagement rings, and fine heirloom quality jewelry. Lauren Priori is a GIA certified Graduate Gemologist. To visit our showroom, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.